1. Slow-cooked Bacon – that’s it, just bacon. The reason plain old bacon makes it to the top 10 is the “slow-cooked” part. This year I discovered a new cooking technique that changed everything. Cooking bacon on, say, medium-low for longer results in a better finished product. Try it and see the difference!
2. Chicken with Rosemary, Bacon and Balsamic – The recipe calls for pancetta, but I use bacon…sweet savory bacon. The bacon laid across the chicken keeps it moist while baking. Towards the end when you are reducing the pan drippings, I like to finish cooking the bacon separately, then dice it up and sauté with some fresh green beans. epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-with-Rosemary-Pancetta-and-Balsamic-Vinegar-4296
3. Bacon-Wrapped Dates – So simple, yet so tasty. Technically you’d want to wrap dates in Prosciutto, but it costs more and we’re in a recession. So wrap some dates with bacon, stuff some manchego cheese in the date, then bake it until that sweet, savory bacon is crisp.
4. Roasted Beef Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon – Do I need to say anything about this? I think it speaks for itself, and it’s perfect for a nice bottle of your favorite red wine. epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Beef-Tenderloin-Wrapped-in-Bacon-107705
5. Curly Endive and Apple Smoked Bacon Salad – If you’re like me, you’re trying to lose some pounds, so eat a salad. A salad with bacon in it. epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Curly-Endive-and-Apple-Smoked-Bacon-Salad-105099
6. Grill-Roasted Whole Fish Stuff with Fresh Herbs and Wrapped in Bacon – I have to admit, I haven’t made this recipe yet so it doesn’t have the Bakas Stamp of Approval. But we wanted to have a fish recipe on the list making good use of slow-cooked, crispy, savory bacon. epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grill-Roasted-Whole-Fish-Stuffed-with-Fresh-Herbs-and-Wrapped-in-Pancetta
7. Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon – One of those simple, yet tasty recipes perfect for after work when you don’t have the time to make a sick meal. allrecipes.com/Recipe/Penne-Pasta-with-Spinach-and-Bacon/Detail.aspx
8. Bacon and Potato Soup – What could be better to warm your spirits than a soup made with my favorite friend: savory, yummy bacon. allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bacon-and-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx
9. Bacon-Wrapped Scallops – Emeril is to bacon what Gary Vaynerchuk is to wine 2.0. In other words, he makes good use of it. planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emeril-bacon-wrapped-scallops.html
10. Bacon Brownies – Oh God! I think I’ve found the meaning of it all. Are you kidding me? Brownies with frickin bacon in them!! thehungryengineer.com/cooking/bacon-brownies/